Games to play with teenagers in the English classroom.
A great vocabulary revision game:
- Divide the class into two teams each standing in line at the board.
- Give them a topic like food and drink, sports, countries etc (they must be very large lexical sets).
- The student at the front on each line runs to the board and must write a word in this lexical set beginning with A on the board.
- She then hands the chalk or pen to the next person in the row (and runs to the back of the line), who adds a word beginning with B until they reach Z.
- If they cannot think of a word beginning with a particular letter they can leave a space, but the team with most words at the end is the winner.
Example of a board during a game:
- Currently reading
Teenagers: game 3: A - Z race