Games to play with teenagers in the English classroom.
How to play
- Draw a noughts and crosses grid on the board. Write number 1– 9 in the corner of each square. Download a ready-made grid from the bottom of this page.
- Divide the class into two teams. One team is X and the other O.
- Decide on the topic of the questions you will ask – they could refer to the previous unit in the course book, be general questions about English, be on general knowledge or on subjects the children study in their own language at school – on anything at all.
- In turn each team decides which square they want to nominate.
- Teacher asks a question. If the team get it right their symbol is written in that square.
- The first team to get a line of three symbols in any direction across the grid is the winner.
You can play this game any number of times and keep score.
DownloadsClick link to download and view these files
- PDF, Size 27.55 kb
- Currently reading
Teenagers: game 1: noughts and crosses