A fun way to revise vocabulary from previous lessons.
- To revise vocabulary from previous lessons in a fun, stress-free, game-like way
- Draw a 3 x 3 square grid, similar to the one above, on the board.
- Divide the class into 2 teams.
- Teams take it in turns to nominate a square.
- Teachers asks a question about vocabulary from the previous lesson(s).
- If they get the answer right, the team’s symbol goes into the square (usually X or O).
- If they get the answer wrong, the opposition team gets a chance to answer the question for an extra turn.
- The first team to have a line of correct answers in any direction is the winner.
- To make it easier for yourself – give the class 5-10 minutes at the start of the lesson to write their own questions for the opposition team.
Be very clear about the rules from the start and ensure that the students recognise that the teacher’s decision if final!
- 8Currently reading
Teenagers: Warmers: Noughts and crosses
2 Readers' comments