An activity based on riddles to make learning English fun!
Thanks to David in Penang for this activity:
- To get students thinking
- To have fun using English
- To foster team work and stop children just calling out and attention-seeking. If they don’t confer about the answers, they could easily lose their chance to win. You might have to allocate a secretary / representative for each team to speak on their behalf.
- Explain the game clearly.
- Divide the class into teams of up to 6 students each.
- As you read each clue to the riddles out, teams can guess what the answer is. If they are correct after one clue they score 5 points; after two clues, 4 points, and so on.
- If a team gives the incorrect answer, they cannot have another try until the next riddle.
Students could prepare more of their own riddles for homework to be used in subsequent games.
DownloadsClick link to download and view these files
Teenagers: Warmers & Fillers—Riddle CardsPDF, Size 0.69 mb
- 3Currently reading
Teenagers: Warmers: Riddles
3 Readers' comments