Get your students talking about their favourite sports with this set of Game Cards.
Students love playing games in their free time, be it video, mobile or tabletop games, but numerous studies have also shown the importance and positive impact games can have on learning. By incorporating games in your classroom you can help your learners develop a positive relationship with the language and English lessons. While working with games, the teacher’s role changes from an instructor to a guide. This helps you to reduce teacher talking time and make the students the centre of the lesson.
Try this game with your students using our Sports Game Cards
- You can play this game in two or three teams.
- Have one person face their peer(s) as they draw cards and from the pile (they can be either picture cards, word cards, or both).
- Student will mimic or act the sport in the card without speaking, drawing, or writing.
- Teammate(s) have to guess the sport and say it aloud. If it is correct, they can move on to another card.
- Team that guesses the most sports in under a minute, wins.
- Have students play three or four rounds, in order to not overdo activity.
- Correct possible mistakes at the end, anonimously if possible (I heard someone say...)
When working with games, let loose your creativity to build a motivating environment in your classroom. Remember that emotions are an important part of the learning process! Enjoy this material with your class and let us know how you liked it!
DownloadsClick link to download and view these files
- PDF, Size 4.04 mb