Play with your students with this set of vocabulary game cards about having fun in spring.
Numerous studies have shown the importance and positive impact of games on learning. After all, you know your students love playing in their free time, be it video, mobile or tabletop games. This is why by incorporating games in your classroom you can help your learners develop a positive relationship with the language and English lessons. While working with games, the teacher’s role changes from an instructor to a guide. This helps you to reduce teacher talking time and make the students the centre of the lesson.
Try this game with your students using our Fun in the Sun Game Cards!!!
Lightning round! (All levels; practice pronouns + verb to be, speaking skills, why/because)
- Divide the class into two teams.
- Have one person from the team come to the front and describe as many cards as possible to their own team in a minute.
- They should describe what it is without using the actual word.
- After a minute, a person from the other team can go next.
- Teams take turns until they have all had a chance to come to the front and describe.
Play as many rounds as possible and correct possible mistakes at the end, anonimously if possible (I heard someone say...)
When working with games, let loose your creativity to build a motivating environment in your classroom. Remember that emotions are an important part of the learning process! Enjoy this material with your class and let us know how you liked it!
DownloadsClick link to download and view these files
- PDF, Size 4.47 mb