Get your students to practise reading comprehension and communication with this fun food facts quiz.
Communicative Language Learning: Food Facts Trivia Quiz
Here are some ideas on how to use these handy resources!
Doing the quiz
- Print one copy of the food fact texts and as many quiz worksheets as you will have groups in your class.
- Cut up the texts and place them on the walls in different parts of your classroom.
- Divide the class into groups.
- Ask each group to read the quiz carefully.
- Ask each group to delegate one or three (depending on the size of the groups) ‘information runners’.
- Set a timer for the task and explain to students that the ‘runners’ have to run to the texts to get answers to the questions in the quiz.
- Start the timer and have groups get the answers.
- When the time’s up or when the first group finishes, pause the game, get the quiz sheets and score them. The team to get the most correct answers in the shortest time wins.
- Optionally, you can go over the quiz and the texts to explain the correct answers.
Designing the quiz
- If you want to extend this activity, you can ask students to write a short text and quiz about fun and interesting food facts.
- Give each group a copy of the text and a quiz template.
- Ask them to brainstorm the topic of their text. Explain that they can’t just write several random facts but that they have to focus on one area of knowledge of food.
- Have them browse the internet to write the text. Make sure they have safe internet access. Monitor and support.
- Then, have them write quiz questions. They should stick to True/False ones. Remind them that the answers to the questions need to be included in the text.
- Have groups exchange their texts and quizzes and try to work out the answers.
- Hold a class discussion about the most interesting food facts from the lesson.
DownloadsClick link to download and view these files
Communicative Language Learning: Food Facts Trivia—QuizPDF, Size 0.64 mb
Communicative Language Learning: Food Facts Trivia—TextsPDF, Size 0.85 mb
1 Reader's comment