A card game that helps students ask for and give permission.
- Age: Primary (6–11)
- Language aim: To ask for and give permission
- Time: 20 minutes
- Student grouping: Groups of four
- Materials: One copy of Worksheets 1 and 2 for every group of four students (cut up into cards); extra copies of the worksheets if you choose Warmer option 2 (see Preparation for details)
- Language focus: Please can I … go to the toilet, watch television, borrow your pencil/bicycle/book/ruler/skateboard, play football/tennis, go to lunch, sit next to …, make a cake, close the door, open the window, write on the board, go to the library?; Yes, you can. No, you can’t.
- Aim of the game: To be the first to lay down all the cards in your hand
DownloadsClick link to download and view these files
- PDF, Size 0.85 mb