Either listen on Soundcloud, or scroll down to the audio file at the bottom of the page and click on it to listen online or download for later. Enjoy the show!
“The views and opinions expressed in this podcast are solely those of the panel and guests on the show. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Macmillan Publishers Limited.”
News and views
- World Englishes – how should teachers approach teaching World Englishes?
- Grammar pet peeves – which grammar errors really annoy you?
Exercise of the month
Warmer – Five things
Step 1: Start by writing five things on the board that are important to you in your life.
Step 2: Tell your students that they need to ask questions to find out why the five things are important to you, but insist that they can only use yes/no questions.
Step 3: Let your students ask you their questions, and if they get the right answer they get a point.
Step 4: Get your students to write down their own five things on a piece of paper.
Step 5: Let your students repeat the game with a partner.
Note: This game works very well because it is highly personalized and it allows students to practice themes and question forms.
Word of the month
Metalanguage – the words and phrases used to talk about language (e.g. verb, nouns, adverb etc.)
Sue Kay talks about teaching cooperatives, the success of the Inside Out series, and how to be a good materials writer.
- How can the use of authentic materials be optimised for a multi-level teaching approach?
- How important do you think it is to use phonemes in class?
- Do you have any pre-class routines that you regularly adhere to?
DownloadsClick link to download and view these files
- Other, Size 69.91 mb