This informative research report, commissioned by the Association for Quality Education and Training Online, examines online education for language teachers.
Online Language Teacher Education – A review of the literature
This research paper is a review of the literature in the field of online language teacher education, commissioned by the Association for Quality Education and Training Online and written by Denise E. Murray (Macquarie University) and MaryAnn Christison (University of Utah).
- defines online learning;
- looks into both the purpose of learning online and the reasons for choosing online education over face-to-face study;
- examines teacher attitudes towards online learning;
- explores existing frameworks in online language teacher education;
- and makes recommendations for designing and delivering online courses.
Please click on the link under ‘Related resources’ below to download the paper in PDF format.
Aqueduto (The Association for QUality EDUcation and Training Online) is a charitable organisation dedicated to:
- evaluating blended and online training courses against a quality assurance framework
- representing providers of such courses in a crowded marketplace, varying in quality
- helping professionals identify such courses, and enrol with confidence
One of the founding members of Aqueduto is NILE, the Norwich Institute for Language Education. Find out more about Macmillan Education’s partnership with NILE here: www.macmillanenglish.com/nile/
DownloadsClick link to download and view these files
aqueduto online language teacher educationPDF, Size 2.11 mb
- 18Currently reading
Advancing Learning: Online Language Teacher Education
No comments yet