Ros Wright and Marie McCullagh present a series of practical worksheets for trainee or in-work nurses who wish to improve their English. Part 1, Pain assessment, is free for all users.
Each topic is available at intermediate and advanced levels and features:
- a reading comprehension worksheet based on extracts from Foundations of Nursing Practice*
- a listening comprehension worksheet and podcast
The first six parts of this series will cover the following topics:
- Pain assessment
- Taking a patient's medication history
- Managing a patient's dietary needs
- Wound management
- Vital signs and monitoring
- Moving and handling
Credits* All reading extracts taken from Foundations of Nursing Practice (3rd Edition), edited by Richard Hogston and Barbara A. Marjoram: Palgrave Macmillan (2008). Reproduced with kind permission of Palgrave Macmillan.