Sounds: The Pronunciation App
For fans of Adrian Underhill’s fantastic Interactive Phonemic Chart, this not-to-be-missed app is the ultimate mobile English pronunciation aid for teachers and students. Based on the best-selling Sound Foundations title, Sounds: The Pronunciation App helps you study, practise and play with pronunciation wherever you are.
Winner of the prestigious British Council ELTons Award 2012 for Innovation in Learner Resources. The ELTons judges said: “This is a great App – it is easy to navigate, user-friendly, thorough, and, I am sure, innovative”.
Sounds is available for both Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) and Google Android-based devices.
There are two versions of Sounds available:
Sounds: The Pronunciation App Free Edition
Includes the Interactive Phonemic Chart. Tap to hear a sound, or tap and hold to hear the sound as an example word.
FREE VERSION FEATURES:
- Interactive Phonemic Chart (British & American English) with high-quality audio
- ’Introduction to the Chart’ video
- Fully working demos of the Quiz and Practice sections from the Premium Edition
Sounds: The Pronunciation App Premium Edition (£3.99 / $5.99)
Includes the ability to look up, listen to and record words in the WORDLIST, plus buy new wordlists directly inside the app; PRACTICE your pronunciation skills; test yourself with the pronunciation QUIZZES; use the phonemic TYPEWRITER; and LEARN with Top Tips, lesson plans, videos and more.
PREMIUM VERSION FEATURES:
- Interactive Phonemic Chart with high-quality audio
- Work in British or American English, and switch between them at any time
- Vocabulary Wordlist (with over 650 words): full phonemic transcriptions and audio; record and playback your own pronunciation
- Buy new wordlists directly in the app – wordlists are just £0.69 each. Choose from extra general English or Macmillan coursebook-based lists
- Practice Activities (Listen, Read and Write)
- Quizzes (’3 Minutes’ & ’3 Lives’ modes) for listening, reading and writing
- Phonemic Typewriter for free practice
- Top Ten Tips for Students
- Top Ten Tips for Teachers
- Teaching Plans for Teachers
- ’Teaching with the Chart’ one-hour workshop video with Adrian Underhill
For more information about the phonemic chart, the choice of vocabulary included in the Wordlist, and the benefits of Sounds: The Pronunciation App for both language teachers and students, visit the website at http://www.macmillaneducationapps.com/soundspron. To download the free version of Sounds: The Pronunciation App for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, visit the iTunes App Store or the Google Play app store for Android devices.