Speaking: Murder in the classroom
Students take on roles in a murder mystery game and work together to discover the identity and motive of the murderer.
- Skills: Reading, speaking, listening
- Grammar: Past tenses, past continuous action interrupted by a past simple action.
- Level: Pre-intermediate +
- Age group: Teens/young adults
- Materials: Character cards, worksheet
- Time: +/- 50 minutes
Note: The murder mystery game scenario may be inappropriate in certain school teaching contexts. If you are in any doubt, please check with your colleagues.