Macmillan School Dictionary
A practical CLIL dictionary containing key subject vocabulary, interactive illustrations and study skills material.
The Macmillan School Dictionary is a fantastic resource for teachers and students who are teaching and studying a wide range of subjects through the medium of English. It explains - clearly and accurately - the subject-specific vocabulary needed for successful study in any of the key school subjects.
- Words can be searched for alphabetically or by topic;
- Definitions are written using a carefully-selected vocabulary of 3,000 words so that they are easy to understand;
- 'Menus' for entries with five or more meanings make it easier to find the specific meaning they are looking for;
- Example sentences in italics show students how a word is used in context.
Over 35 interactive pictures and diagrams can be used to help students learn and practise vocabulary. All illustrations are available with and without labels.
Provides hints and tips for helping students to plan, prepare and present their work. The areas covered are:
- Dealing with Data
- Experiments and Projects
- Capital Letters and Punctuation
- Information Communication Technology
- Revision and Examination Skills
Subscribe to onestopenglish and access the Macmillan School Dictionary online!