Our Lesson Share competition has launched several successful writing careers. Why not raise your profile by being published on onestopenglish?
What is lesson share?
Lesson share is an exciting competition offering teachers the chance to share their ideas with ELT professionals around the world. We pick a winning lesson each month which is professionally edited and designed on onestopenglish. Lesson share gives you the chance to:
- take the first step in your ELT writing career
- have your lesson professionally edited and designed
- Share your lessons with 1000s of other teachers, all over the world
- win a fantastic title from the ‘Macmillan Books for Teachers’ series
Looking for some inspiration?
Read some fascinating interviews with lesson share winners as they talk about their experience with the Lesson Share competition and how it has helped their careers.
Check out the prizes!
See here for our Macmillan Books for Teachers series
How to enter:
- Design a lesson plan for 20 minutes or more of classroom time.
- The lesson can introduce or practise a particular language function or grammar point, or it might be a game – you choose.
- It can be aimed at adults, teenagers, children, business students – any ELT discipline or area of expertise.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your lesson plan and a completed Lesson Share entry form (see bottom of this page) as attachments.
- You may optionally attach additional files containing other materials required.
- There is no closing date for the competition – entries are accepted throughout the month, every month, and winners will be contacted individually to discuss your lesson.
Please note: onestopenglish is unable to publish any entries which contain copyright materials, e.g. text extracts, images, song lyrics, etc. All materials must be created by the entrant. All entries must be in English.
The following features will be favoured:
- Clarity of instructions for teachers. Remember that some of the teachers using your materials could be inexperienced or might be looking for a last-minute lesson with no time for extra preparation – step-by-step teacher’s notes are a must!
- Suggestions for ways that the lesson could be combined with other activities or extended.
- Explanations of how the lesson appeasl to an ESL/EFL teacher at the level specified.
- Any necessary support material.
Rules and conditions:
- The competition is being run by Springer Nature Limited ("Macmillan Education").
- Entrants must be teachers of English as a second or foreign language and be aged 18 or over. Entrants must be a resident in a jurisdiction which permits entry to competitions upon rules of this nature.
- The competition is not open to employees of Macmillan Education or Springer Nature Limited or any subsidiary of the Springer Nature Group or members of their immediate family.
- The instructions for entry form part of the rules. All entrants are deemed to have accepted the rules and to be bound by them.
- Entry is to be made by email, attaching the lesson designs and a completed Lesson Share application form, which must include the entrant’s name, address and telephone number.
- Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt or entry. Only entries properly completed will be included in the competition. Fraudulent, illegible, defaced or incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- By entering the competition, the winners agree to participate in such promotional activities and feature in such promotional material as Macmillan Education may require and to assign all intellectual property rights including without limitation copyright in their competition entry if required by Macmillan Education.
- Each entry must be original. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to indemnify Macmillan Education from and against any and all liability arising as a result of their entry infringing the intellectual property rights including without limitation copyright, of any third party, being defamatory, libellous or otherwise unlawful.
- The panel of judges will be comprised of the Managing Editor and Development Editor of onestopenglish.
- The winners will be the people who have submitted the lesson which is selected to be the best of the entries by the judges in their absolute discretion.
- The winners will receive a professionally edited and designed lesson plan, plus a book prize.
- No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be notified by email. The identity of the winner will be announced on onestopenglish.com.
DownloadsClick link to download and view these files
- PDF, Size 29.86 kb