A fun team exercise for revising vocabulary.
- Put students into small groups of three or four and ask one from each group to draw a picture of a horse on a spare piece of paper.
- Draw some hurdles on the board from left to right with a starting and finishing block at each end of the board. Take the drawings of the horses and stick them up from top to bottom at the starting block.
- Describe an item of vocabulary you have been learning that week and get students to hit the table (or make a noise) when they know the answer.
- When a team gets an answer correct they jump one hurdle.
- The game ends when the first horse gets to the finishing line.
This is great for motivating a class to learn vocabulary.