A warmer/lesson filler activity to revise vocabulary from previous lessons in a fun, stress-free, game-like way.
- Draw the grid above on the board.
- Divide the class into two teams.
- Teams take it in turns to nominate a square.
- The teacher asks a question about vocabulary from the previous lesson(s).
- If the team get the answer right, their symbol goes into the square (usually X or O).
- If they get the answer wrong, the opposition team gets a chance to answer the question for an extra turn.
- The first team to have a line of correct answers in any direction is the winner.
- To make it easier for yourself – give the class five-ten minutes at the start of the lesson to write their own questions for the opposition team.
Be very clear about the rules from the start and ensure that the students recognize that the teacher’s decision if final!
No comments yet