Students practise a range of different skills in relation to agencies.
Aim: To practise the skills of:
- guessing the meaning of specific vocabulary items related to the law of agency
- reading and understanding information about the differences between the various types of agencies
- using the information (including selected cases) to give legal advice about examples
- analysing the roles and duties of an agent and principal
- optional – writing a letter of advice
- there is a chart at the end of these notes which you might find useful to give to students to show the relationship between the Principal, the Agent and a Third Party
- this is quite a complex area of law and the chart format in Stage 2 is to simplify it without reading large amounts of text
Level: Upper intermediate and above
Student profile: It is envisaged that students will have a better than basic knowledge of their own country’s legal and constitutional system.
Time: The lesson in 5 stages and should take at least 90 minutes.