Some festivals are stranger than others. La Tomatina is one of the world’s most unusual celebrations. In this webquest, you will find out more about this unique festival.
Go to the link below and read the text. Then, complete the summary of La Tomatina.
In this activity, you will explore this unusual festival in more detail. There are four topics below. Investigate them using the links provided. You can work alone or in groups and present your findings in a written or oral report.
Topic 1: History
How did the festival start? There are four theories presented in the websites.
Topic 2: The festival
- When and how does it begin?
- How many tomatoes are available?
- Who throws the tomatoes?
- How long does it last?
- How does it end?
- How do they clean up all the tomatoes?
Topic 3: Advice
Most things in life are controlled by rules, and La Tomatina is no different.
- What rules exist for La Tomatina?
- What advice would you give to anyone who wants to take part in the festival? Prepare an original list of rules and tips for potential visitors.
Topic 4: Other events
There are many other events and activities in Buñol and beyond.
- What can you do in Buñol before the tomato throwing begins?
- Which other places can you visit in the surrounding area if you don’t want to throw tomatoes?
Prepare lists of possible activities for different kinds of tourists: teenagers, families and older visitors.
- Currently reading
Webquest: La Tomatina