Join our monthly Lesson Share competition for the chance to win a year’s subscription to onestopenglish, get professional feedback on your lesson materials, and have your lesson published on onestopenglish!
What is the Lesson Share competition?
The Lesson Share competition on onestopenglish started in order to address two very common situations in ELT. Almost all ELT teachers have overheard a colleague in the staffroom desperately searching for a way to teach some particular aspect of English and we have turned to that colleague and said ”I’ve got a great lesson on that”. Almost as many ELT teachers have looked at the material in our coursebook and wondered “How do I get my great lessons published?”.
The monthly Lesson Share competition gives you the chance to do exactly that—share your great lessons with ELT professionals around the world. Simply complete the competition entry form below and send us your Student Worksheet, your Teacher’s Notes and any other additional material your lesson needs. If your Lesson Share materials win that month’s competition, you will:
- work with our professional team of ELT editors on your lesson materials
- have your lesson professionally edited, designed and published
- share your lessons with 1000s of other teachers, all over the world
- win a year’s subscription to onestopenglish
How do I enter the Lesson Share competition?
- Create a Student Worksheet and Teacher's Notes for a lesson of 30 minutes or more.
- The lesson can be on anything: a skill, a language point, your choice!
- The lesson can be for any kind of ELT student: young learners, teenagers, or adults.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your lesson plan and attach the completed Lesson Share entry form (see bottom of this page), Student Worksheet, Teacher's Notes and any other additional material your lesson needs.
- Enter any day of the month, any month—there is no closing date for the competition
If you win, our professional team of ELT editors will contact you to work with you on your lesson materials
Please note: onestopenglish is unable to publish any entries which contain copyright materials, e.g. texts, images, music, video, etc. All materials must be in English and be created by the person entering the competition.
What kind of lessons win the Lesson Share competition?
Any lesson can win but all winning lessons have the following features:
- Complete set of materials: Student Worksheet and Teacher's Notes (and any other additional material)
- Original ideas
- Flexibility—Winning lessons can be used in the classroom or online and suggest ways to adapt materials for different abilities.
- Clear objective for the students—It must be clear what students will be able to do at the end of the lesson.
- Clear procedure for teachers—Some teachers using your materials might be inexperienced or looking for a last-minute lesson with no time for extra preparation. The materials must clear and easy to use.
- Correct answers for all exercises
Where can I get some inspiration for my lesson?
- Follow our guide on creating lesson share materials.
- Read some fascinating interviews with previous lesson share winners as they talk about their experience with the Lesson Share competition and how it has helped their ELT careers.
- Read a case study from a school of multiple lesson share winners.
What are the terms and conditions of the Lesson Share competition?
- The competition is being run by Macmillan Education Limited.
- Entrants must be ELT teachers and be aged 18 or over. Entrants must be a resident in a jurisdiction which permits entry to competitions upon rules of this nature.
- The competition is not open to employees of Macmillan Education Limited or Springer Nature Limited or any subsidiary of the Springer Nature Group or members of their immediate family.
- The instructions for entry form part of the rules. All entrants are deemed to have accepted the rules and to be bound by them.
- Entry is to be made by email, attaching the Student Worksheet, Teacher's Notes, and a completed Lesson Share entry form, which must include the entrant’s name, address, email, and telephone number.
- Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt or entry. Only entries properly completed will be included in the competition. Fraudulent, illegible, defaced or incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- By entering the competition, the winners agree to participate in such promotional activities and feature in such promotional material as Macmillan Education Limited may require and to assign all intellectual property rights including without limitation copyright in their competition entry if required by Macmillan Education Limited.
- Each entry must be original. By entering the competition, each entrant agrees to indemnify Macmillan Education Limited from and against any and all liability arising as a result of their entry infringing the intellectual property rights including without limitation copyright, of any third party, being defamatory, libellous or otherwise unlawful.
- The panel of judges will be comprised of the Commissioning Editor and Development Editor of onestopenglish.
- The winners will be the people who have submitted the lesson which is selected to be the best of the entries by the judges in their absolute discretion.
- The winners will have their lesson materials professionally edited, designed and published, plus win the prize of a year’s subscription to onestopenglish.
- No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence about the selection will be entered into. The winner will be notified by email. The identity of the winner will be announced on onestopenglish.com.
DownloadsClick link to download and view these files
- PDF, Size 3.95 mb