The Learning Calendar
This section deals with the onestopenglish Learning Calendar and how to use it to organize your resources, plan your lessons and share links with colleagues and friends.
The Learning Calendar is a tool that enables you to organize resources, plan lessons and share links with colleagues and friends. Resources can be arranged into folders and scheduled into the calendar. You can easily see which resources you have selected for your day’s teaching.
When you log in to the onestopenglish Staff Room, you will see a Learning Calendar button in the gold bar at the top of the screen:
Click on the button to launch your Learning Calendar. Any existing onestopenglish bookmarks will have been automatically added to your Learning Calendar.
Add a bookmark
There are two ways to add a bookmark to your Learning Calendar.
Add a bookmark for a onestopenglish resource:
You can add bookmarks to your Learning Calendar for any resource on onestopenglish by clicking on the green Learning Calendar icon next to that resource. You can bookmark pages, groups of resources or individual resources.
Add a bookmark for any other website or resource:
You can add bookmarks to your Learning Calendar for any other teaching resource or site on the web, directly from your Learning Calendar. Click on the ‘Add an internet bookmark’ button in the 'Your bookmarks' section of your Learning Calendar. A pop-up box will appear. Here, you can give your bookmark a name, add the URL of the resource or website and add any notes to describe the bookmark. Click on the ‘Add bookmark’ button to confirm.
Add a folder
You can organize your bookmarks into folders to create groups of resources. You might want to group resources according to level, age group or to individual classes you are teaching.
- To add a folder, click on the ‘Make a new folder’ button in the 'Your folders' section of your Learning Calendar. A pop-up box will appear. Here, you can give your folder a name and add any notes to describe your folder.
- Drag and drop a bookmark onto a folder to put it into the folder. A bookmark can be in more than one folder.
- To see the contents of a folder, click on the triangle next to it.
Manage your calendar
You can plan lessons in advance by allocating bookmarks or folders to dates on a calendar.
- Drag bookmarks or folders to a date on the calendar to allocate them to that day. Double-click on a date to see all items added to that day.
Edit your bookmarks and folders
You can edit your bookmarks and folders at any time.
- Select the bookmark or folder that you want to edit and click on the ‘Edit’ icon in the green bar. A pop-up box will appear.
You can change the title of the bookmark or folder and add or edit notes.
You can share your bookmarks and folders with your colleagues by email.
- Select the bookmark or folder that you want to share and click on the 'Share' icon in the green bar. A pop-up box will appear.
- Enter your colleague’s email address. You can enter more than one email address, separated by commas.
- Enter a subject for the email.
- You can also edit the default text in the body of the email to add your own personal message.
- Click on the ‘Send email’ button.
Print your bookmarks and folders
You can print your bookmarks and folders for an easy reference guide of the resources in your Learning Calendar.
- Select the bookmark or folder that you want to print and click on the ‘Print’ icon in the green bar.
- Printing a bookmark will give you a printout with the full URL of the bookmark and any notes you have attached to it. You can print out a list of more than one bookmark by holding down the Shift key on your keyboard and highlighting the required bookmarks.
- Printing a folder will give you a printout with the name of the folder, the full URLs of all the bookmarks contained within that folder and any notes attached to these bookmarks.
Delete your bookmarks and folders
You can delete a bookmark, folder or calendar item at any time.
To delete a bookmark or folder:
- Select the bookmark or folder that you want to delete. Click on the ‘Delete’ icon in the green bar. A pop-up box will appear. Click ‘Yes’ to confirm or ‘No’ to cancel the action.
To delete an item in your calendar:
- Double-click on the desired date in your calendar. A pop-up box will appear. Select the bookmark or folder that you want to delete from the calendar and click on the ‘Delete selected items’ button. Click ‘Yes’ to confirm or ‘No’ to cancel the action.
Deleting a bookmark from 'Your bookmarks' will delete all references to this bookmark, including in folders and calendar items.
Deleting a folder from 'Your folders' will not affect your bookmarks or calendar items.
Deleting an item from 'Your calendar' will not affect your bookmarks or folders.
You require Flash Player version 10 in order to use the Learning Calendar. If you do not have this version of Flash Player, you can download it for free from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/.
For any other technical questions, go to the technical FAQs on onestopenglish.