Category: Centre Manager / Headteacher
Mackenzei School of English is looking for 2 Centre Managers with previous experience for our Summer Residential Centres.
1. Job Details
Job title: Residential Centre Manager
Line manager: Residential Centres Operations Manager
2. Job Purpose
To ensure the smooth running of the centre on a day to day basis including managing the staff team and all required operations.
3. Main Responsibilities
• Familiarising yourself with the campus and surrounding areas
• Managing the team of staff at the centre, and developing a friendly and co-operative atmosphere.
• Ensuring that other members of staff are aware of their responsibilities, and are carrying them out in a professional manner.
• Managing all student arrivals, including checking arrival times, handling room allocations, arranging or conducting inductions, organising the provision of food when necessary and a tour of the campus.
• Managing all student departures, including checking departure times, arranging transport and ensuring that buses leave punctually to reach the point of departure on time.
• Ensuring that students, leaders and staff behave in an acceptable way and taking appropriate disciplinary action where necessary.
• Enforcing curfews, organising curfew supervision and corridor patrols to control noise problems at night.
• Running the centre within the agreed budgetary guidelines and all related administration including keeping the banking and petty cash accounts up to date
• Liaising and co-operating with the staff of Stirling University Campus is based over issues relating to accommodation and food.
• Liaising with the Director of Studies on all issues relating to the teaching staff, and encouraging a positive working relationship with the academic staff.
• Liaising with the Operations Director on a regular basis to discuss the general running of the centre.
• Ensuring that the company's health and safety guidelines are followed, both on campus and when students are on off-site excursions.
• Liaising with the Local Agent and Welfare Officer over host family problems/changes (if in a centre with family stay students).
• Holding regular (usually daily) meetings with Senior Staff
• Distributing and collecting feedback questionnaires for all leaders and students.
• Promoting the Mackenzie School brand standard at all times
4. Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
• Native English speaker
• Experience of dealing with young people
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Knowledge of IT packages
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Dedication and enthusiasm
• Good time management
Previous experience of a similar position is essential
- Region Europe
- Category Centre Manager / Headteacher
- Location Edinburgh and Stirling
- Closing date 31/03/2012
- Contact name Kerry Caruthers
- Contact telephone 0131 555 5315