Number one for English language teachers

The onestopenglish team

Meet the people behind the scenes at onestopenglish and click on a photo to find out more …

Inside the onestopenglish team

• Angela square

Angela

Hello, I’m Angela and I’m a BA Honours graduate from Bogota, Colombia. Having worked previously in customer relations management in my home country, I decided to seek a new and fresh challenge in the United Kingdom. I have lived in London now for four years. In my spare time I like to explore new restaurants and indulge in the many cuisines that London has to offer.

• Claire Pye_300x300

Claire

I started teaching English after completing a degree in modern languages, so when one of my English students offered me a job at a secondary school in Colombia, I couldn’t say no. One trial year in Medellín turned into four happy years teaching secondary school and then business students, as well as translating poetry for the amazing International Poetry Festival.

• Erica Walduck_300x300

Erica

I’m Erica, the resident onestopenglish designer. Having come from a TV broadcasting background I’m new to the world of ELT, ESP, ESOL, CLIL and all the countless other acronyms that I’ve had to get my head around over the last few months.

• Giulia Merlo_300x300

Giulia

I grew up in a small city close to Venice, in Italy, and spent some time in Paris, Madrid and Melbourne before coming to London in 2006 to study Comparative Literature and deciding to make it my home.

• Jeremy Smith_300x300

Jeremy

A degree in English and a desire to travel were the sparks that led me to follow the well-worn path of the EFL teacher. I started my training in Prague before setting off for Taiwan and my first proper teaching job.

• Julie Woon_300x300

Julie

I’ve been part of the onestopenglish team since I first joined back in 2012, and I now look after the content marketing at Macmillan Education. Day-to-day, my job involves working closely with the rest of our international marketing team to coordinate our digital marketing campaigns and make sure everything we do is fit-for-purpose online!

• Katherine square

Katherine

Following a degree in Modern History, I am very pleased to be joining the onestopenglish team. My customer service based role gives me the opportunity to interact with the wonderful onestopenglish community across the world, providing help, support and guidance to whatever query you may have. I look forward to speaking with many of you.

• Liz square

Liz

I grew up in Birmingham (the home of Cadbury chocolate and The Lord of the Rings, amongst other things!) and, following a couple of years spent mooching around the world, I decided to study for a degree in Russian and Italian at the University of Manchester. As part of my course I lived and worked abroad in St Petersburg and Pisa, where I fell into the wonderful world of ELT.

• Sarah 300

Sarah

Hello there, I’m Sarah and I’m the Web Editor for onestopenglish! How did I get here? Well …After graduating from Aberystwyth University I saved up some money as quickly as possible and flew to Barcelona where I started my English teaching life. I spent four glorious years living the Catalan lifestyle and teaching English to angst-ridden teenagers until the big smoke started calling to me. Back in London I taught excitable adults and was made DOS before I embarked on my ...

• Sophie Hern_300x300

Sophie

I joined the onestopenglish editorial team in 2009, and have been lucky enough to work on and witness the birth of some fabulous resources including Business Spotlight, our Mini-plays on British culture and the audio feast that is A ghost’s guide to ...